Sunday, February 21, 2010

Art Stand

As I lay me down to sleep, thoughts of recycling bits + scraps I keep...I thought of using our old toilet tube rolls for displaying my colored pens and pencils. I thought it would take me a few minutes to make and it let my pencils "breathe" as well. They've been buried in a closet bag all these years (when I am not using them, that is).I covered them in different blue cloth. Patterned ones and denim looked the nicest. And then bound them in lace. Gluing a cloth covered cardboard bottom was also needed to hold the pens. I like looking at the different patterns and how they keep everything handy for my next project!

2 comments:

Minky Magic said...

Nice idea, really sweet and simple!

calej said...

Thanks Minky! I was thinking this can also be embellished with die cut cloth flowers, letters, etc to make it more fancy :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails