Stop, don't throw that away! Make something new and help the environment as well by not adding to the tons of waste materials in landfills.
There are countless ways to recycle the cardboard from a tissue roll.
For this project you need:
bathroom paper rolls (around 15 or so depending on the size of your wreathe)
glue gun and sticks
a round bowl or plate
string or twine
- Cut the paper roll following the spiral line around.
- Curl and roll into a rose, folding in or outside along the way to keep the bud from getting lost inside.
Glue gun at the center and at the back (take care not to show the glue in front of the rose). The back doesn't have to be beautiful. See...
- Make the base of the wreathe by holding down the round plate or bowl on a piece of box carton. Mark the outline with a pencil. You will now have a round pencil mark which you can use as the base of the wreathe.
- Estimate about 2 inches all around from the pencil outline and make a circle inside so you can 2 concentric circles. Cut it out.
- Tie the twine or string around the top of the wreathe base for the hanger.
- Glue gun the roses all around on to the base and make sure you are covering the box carton. Let dry.
- Hang up on your door and enjoy.
Variation: You may want to spray paint the wreathe white or silver. Put a ribbon at the bottom.