Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

The Magic that is Christmas

Every year I feel like I'm getting younger, inside I mean.  I am rediscovering the magic that is Christmas.  I don't know what it is but even when the year isn't free of its cares and tragedies (storm Sendong in particular), I am happy.  Quietly and calmly happy.

Here's my wish for you...
This year's advent season has me meditating on Zachariah and how his doubt made him speechless.  Rather, the angel rendered him thus so.  Do I sometimes doubt that everything will come together in the end?  Do I sometimes doubt that God will do a miracle long prayed for?  Does God know what He's doing?  I must admit, doubts can sneak in.  But the important thing is this.  God still fulfills His miracle anyway.  Zachariah's long standing wish for a son was fulfilled despite his lapse in trusting God's faithfulness.

I thought of how faith changes everything.  How Mary's and Joseph's plans were all changed because they believed.  Here's my twist on the nativity with a lot of patterns since I recently bought this neat pattern maker.  

Here's another one I made with a more traditional feel.
*You may use these images for online greetings and such.  Personal use only and if you can link back to me it will be much appreciated!
May this Christmas season ever fill you with more faith, more hope, more love!  He is the Reason for it all.  He is Emmanuel, God with us.

Let's keep faith in His promises as "He who began the good work in you will be faithful to complete it" (Philippians 1:6)

*A little appeal:  This Christmas if you can volunteer, give or pray for the Typhoon Sendong victims in the Philippines, please do your share.  Their Christmas is a tough one this year.  Click here for more info on Sendong.

Comments

posts you might like

Show more