Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

Last Minute Giftwrapping

Ok, no time to run to the store for some wrapping?  Grab these items and get wrappin'!

Brown Paper Bag
Newspaper
Plastic Bags
String
Twine
Old eraser
Stamp Pad
Scissors
Old lace
Old calling cards
Rubber Stamps
Cutter
Glue or Paste
(You won't need all of these)

What you do is wrap your gift up in brown paper bag paper then add a dash of newspaper.
Sprinkle with embellishments.
Use the back of yer ole calling card as the gift tag.
I carved out an angel from an old eraser and used it as a stamp.  It helps that the Books for Less bookstore calling card I found (of a defunct branch) is also made of recycled paper so it matches my eco-friendly look.

You can use old bits of lace to decorate the somewhat plain wrapping of just brown and newsprint and just attach with bits of glue.

So here are the finished products.  The principle here is not to throw anything that can still be used later on.  I'm giving you a timely reminder to keep all the ribbons and paper that you will be getting this Christmas to re-using later on.

The gift on the upper right has a plastic bag ribbon.  I just cut up a plastic bag into 3 pcs of 1" width strips (and whatever length your paper bag is).  I then braided them for a cool ribbon effect.  Sorry I forgot to get a close up!  Tedious but nice.

The blue tie on the lower left is rope that I untangled for a nice fringed effect.  The lower right gift has a red bow from an old cut up piece of clothing that I liked.


Wishing you the best Christmas ever!  If you want to make this season more meaningful, give to those who need it most!  Click here to help our countrymen who've been recently having a very rough Christmas.

Haven't got a gift for me yet?  Oh just comment and it will make my Christmas! ;)




Todays Creative Blog

click here

Comments

  1. Very pretty! Simple and beautiful! I love the paper you used.

    --Katie
    www.blah2beautiful.blogspot.com
    Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina, you can add this to blog parties! Great ideas! Oh and how did you add the icons below the post? I've been searching for this all afternoon! Not really! Just exag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute take on a book meme post -- how to wrap the books as gifts! I love the way they came out!

    My grandmother always used to wrap gifts with the comics section of the newspaper, and we loved it!

    I found your blog through the What's On Your Nightstand meme -- nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I hope you enjoy your time browsing this page. 🥰

posts you might like

Show more