Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

Obedience and Blessing


God made the heavens and the earth, the sun and the moon and the stars.  

He made the universe and yet he is concerned with what we do day to day.

He was concerned about whether or not Abraham would follow His command to go up Mt. Moriah to kill his beloved son Isaac.

When Abraham proved to be obedient, God ordered him to stop the killing, telling him it was only a test.  

He said to Abraham "...because you acted as you did in not withholding from your beloved son I will bless you abundantly and make your descendants is countless stars of the sky and a sense of the seashore; your descendants to take possession of the gates of their enemies, and in your descendants all the nations of the earth shall find blessing all this because you made my command.  - Genesis 22:17-18

Abraham's obedience there on top of a lonely mountain, an event seemingly inconsequential to all other people had a huge significance to God.  His obedience brought upon a blessing not just to him but also to his people and generations after him.

He is moved by our response to Him whether it is a yes or a no.  Sometimes we don't understand why things happen and why God would allow tragedy to strike.  But I am convinced that nothing God allows to happen is without an eternal purpose, and maybe an eternal consequence.

May God remind us this Easter season of how He who was rich in all things and yet poor in only one thing, that He only had one son - did not spare Him to die for us - out of His great love for us!  May He find us faithfull!  Thank You Lord!

Comments

posts you might like

Show more