Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

The Heavyweight



I recently talked with some people who carried heavy weights… a single mom raising her children without the support of anyone, a small child whose mom died giving birth to her, a leader of a community rallying for support due to a lack of volunteers, families who have recently lost a loved one.

The world is full of lack and it’s been this way for thousands of years. 

"I cannot carry all these people on my own; the weight is too much for me.”  - Moses, Numbers 11:4-15

If you’re feeling the strain of providing for your family, you’re not alone.  Moses complained to God because the people were crying out for food.  

Even if God parted the Red Sea for the Israelites, they still complained and wanted to go back to Egypt.  When God gave them manna, they said they were still hungry and God gave them meat.  

Sometimes we can be like them in forgetting all that God has given to us since the start.  We can forget His faithfulness and start worrying and complaining.

But we all know that despite everything, God provided the people with manna in the wilderness and despite their roundabout way of getting to the promised land, they still got there.  

God is a God of abundance and He was allowing the Israelites to mirror our own faith journey of trusting in God for His provisions.  We are on our own journey from darkness into light and we shouldn’t ever forget what God has done for us in the past.  If we obey Him, He will bring us to HIs perfect will for our lives and that includes being free from every need.

If we feel like our load is too heavy, we know that He is the most able Heavyweight who will carry it for us!


Comments

posts you might like

Show more