Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

Alabama Arts and Crafts Fair

What an interesting weekend fair I participated in with my sister Patsy and very good friend (and crafter herself) Sylvia G.


Knowing about it only about 3 weeks earlier, we thought, bought, produced products in a frenzy. May sister made pretty collage paintings, Sylvia made beaded watches and I made Earth Friendship bracelets made of upcycled plastic shopping bags.This was a weekend of many firsts. First time for me to participate and showcase these bracelets I made (to the world), first launch of this venue (and my first time to be here), first time my sister exhibited her paintings and Sylvia her bead thongs and watches. It was also my first time to sell my homemade lavender perfume.First it was an outdoor fair but when we heard the thunder sounds, we were instructed to move inside Resurreccion, the host house of this event. Resurreccion gives new life to possibly worn down common household items into new lovable things to cherish. This is where I first saw a computer monitor shell made into a lamp shade. Ingenious and fun!


Local artisans sold jewelry, stationery, paintings, hand-painted accessories, postcards, noteclips, curio items, pottery, even doggy clothing! Robert Alejandro, my brother has his own room filled with his work. My favorite pieces were the surprise matchboxes.


Jetro Rafael of Van Gogh is Bipolar Restaurant cooked up a storm in his mad lab and made our tummies happy with his healthy Pasta Salad, solidly yummy Potatoes and organic iced tea.
The first item to be sold was Patsy's painting of the woman who touched Jesus' hem and was healed. The flowers were her prayers going up to heaven. I really loved this piece of art as well. If it were in white pale muted tones I would have snatched it myself (since my room is in that theme). It's the painting on the utmost left side with woman's profile.

So far as I know this is the first of its kind and probably the first of many more art fairs. I heard this might happen every month or every year. We'll see. Such a nice way to inspire and spark creativity in our country!



Thank you to my brother Robert and sister Patsy for the pictures! Thank you Sylvia for being there the whole time! Congratulations Alabama!


Resurreccion is at 10-A Alabama St., New Manila, Quezon City, Philippines


Visit Robert's Sketching Backpacker Blog at http://thesketchingbackpacker.blogspot.com/
Visit Patsy's Heartworks Blog at http://patsypat.blogspot.com/

Comments

  1. Hello Christina! I think I've never seen bracelets made of upcycled shopping bags. It was also my first time to encounter the word "upcycled." Thanks for first hand learning. :)

    The lavender perfume is a great creation because as you said it's homemade. I believe it's better and safer than artificially produced perfumes. The paintings are great too. I particularly love the tall house with the flowers.

    I hope more opportunities like this will come to you and your siblings. More opportunities to showcase your artworks and hardworks! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I hope you enjoy your time browsing this page. 🥰

posts you might like

Show more