Feature

Saint Joseph, Pillar of Families

I didn't use to pray novenas.  I always thought that praying directly to God was better.  But I read this passage from the Bible: "The continual prayer of a just man availeth much." - James 5:16 I thought of the matter more and now I see that novenas are a humble way of praying.  It is asking those closest to Jesus (and holiest) people who walked the earth, to pray for me. This is not a new way of doing things as Moses intervened for the Jews when God wanted to punish them for making a bull with their own hands and started worshipping them. I now think God is pleased whenever I pray a novena.    Since then, I have seen so many SIGNS AND WONDERS in myself and in my circumstances because I prayed a novena.   I credit Saint Joseph for my happy home life and also for helping us with our finances though the best thing for me is the way novenas help us to lead holy lives.  The saints want no applause but rather, they will always draw us closer to God.   Instead of idolizing cel

Wonderfully Made

"I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful.  I know that full well." Psalm 139:14


Indeed we are wonderfully made. God's ways are the most profound and yet simple. 
He has made us in His very image.  We are His sons and daughters and the more we fix our gaze on Him, the more we look and act like Him.  It's very much like a child who learns the ways of his parents well because they spend much time together.  If we miss out on our prayers time, how can The Lord mold us into His hands and feet in the world today?

Sometimes admittedly, I just rush through my prayers, looking to do something else.  I need to constantly remind myself there IS nothing more important than God!  He is the creator of the universe and He is waiting for me to keep our one on one time together! 

Lord may You give me the grace to give You the most precious time in my day and to put You first always.

Comments

posts you might like

Show more