Feature

Consoling the heart of Jesus

Good Friday meditation drawing  When Saint Therese was a little girl she had a prayer card with a painting of Jesus imprisoned in his cell looking at a single flower. This single flower was the source of his consolation. Saint Therese from those moments wished to be that flower providing comfort to our Lord throughout her life.

Paper Clay Project: Faux Succulent



I dedicate this project to those with brown thumbs like me!  Easy and fun, this craft will certainly satisfy your creative drive.

Ever since we moved to Japan, I’ve yearned for a living, breathing, green home. So every so often I would go out and buy plants at the local home store.

Despite careful consideration and research on what plants would thrive, just one survived.  This succulent that I almost threw away for dead was alone and forlorn on our veranda.

One day I noticed it there flourishing!  It was strong and lush despite being quite forgotten.  Thus my love for succulents grew!  They are not fussy and they grow despite neglect. 

Since I want to be surrounded by greens, I thought I would start painting some!  Here is my first plant project!  So happy with it.





Faux Succulent 

Materials:
Paper clay
Rolling pin
Awl or Cutter
Cutting Mat
Cardboard 
Scissors 
Super glue
Green paint
Paintbrush
Pot

How to Make:
  1. Soften the clay by rolling it around into a ball.  
  2. Use the rolling pin to flatten.  Keep excess clay for future use in a closed bottle to keep from gardening.
  3. Cut leaf shapes with your awl or cutter.
  4. Slightly fold the leaves together to make a small crease at the center.
  5. Wait for it to harden (around 1 hour).
  6. Super glue together making the base petals first.  Use the cardboard to hold it at the bottom to secure.
  7. Paint it green.
  8. Wait for it to dry.
  9. Cut the whole “plant” out of the cardboard  so cardboard is not seen from the top.
  10. Put on top of your pot and you’re done!





Let me know if you tried this!  I am sure my next one will be much prettier!  I was thinking of mixing up different shapes and shades of green to add interest.

Hope you hop back to my blog soon!  Subscribe to get the latest posts in your inbox.

Toodloo!




Comments

posts you might like

Show more