Feature

📣 Miscellaneous FREEBIES 🔥

Hey there! Through the years I've designed some FREEBIES for papemelroti that I know you will all enjoy.  Here are some links that I have compiled. see FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE

Remember the Marvels




Being in a community taught me to begin the year by having a day of prayer - to thank the Lord for the year that just passed and to pray for the year ahead.


To think of one whole year's blessings would take a whole day by itself.  Just a single day holds too many to count.  But it sure fills the heart to overflow when with gratitude, like Mary, we "ponder these things in our heart".


Pat and I were listening to an episode of "Catholic Answers" (highly recommended podcast) where they talked about the "Easter Eggs" of the Christmas story.  These are the precious things you find upon a closer look at the story.


One instance is when St. Luke describes Baby Jesus wrapped in swaddling clothes in a cave.  This foreshadows the time of Jesus' death when he was wrapped in linen cloth in the tomb.  It is also worthwhile to note that the Jews at the time swaddled sacrificial lambs' legs further calling to mind Jesus as the "Lamb of God".


How about the Baby Jesus being laid in a manger?  The word "manger" comes from the Latin "munducare" meaning "to eat".  The manger was a feeding trough for the animals.  Jesus was born in Bethlehem (which means "House of Bread") because He is the Bread of Life (John 6:32-35).


Who first knew of Jesus' coming?  It was the shepherds and the 3 wise men.  The shepherds were simple men and they knew that they did not know much.  The wise men were learned but they knew that they did not know everything.  Jesus also comes to the same kind of people - those who have humble hearts to seek Him.


The gifts of the Magi were gold, frankincense and myrrh.  Gold symbolizes Jesus' kingship.  Frankincense, His priesthood and myrrh is for His death for the salvation of the world.


The Christmas season may end and the day of Jesus' birth passes but what we gain does not ever pass away.


Pope St. Leo the Great, known for being one of the Doctors of the Church and who persuaded Attila the Hun to turn back from invading Italy said, "because the day has not passed away in such a way that the power of the work, which was then revealed, has passed away with it" (Sermon on the Epiphany, 36, 1)


"All therefore that the Son of God did and taught for the world's reconciliation, we not only know as a matter of past history, but appreciate in the power of their present effect" (Sermon 52,1).


"Verbum caro factum est", the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. Thank You Lord for your life, death and resurrection!  You gave Your all to us for love of us!


May your heart be filled with great gratitude, not just today, this year, but always!

Comments

  1. Wow! What amazing Spirit-led insights! Some things were so profound I had to go back twice and then still pray for help to get my mind wrapped around it🙂My problem used to be that I was a simple man who DIDN'T know he didn't know everything😉 Thank God that in His Mercy and Love (and with the help of a few "guardian angels" like Pat🙂) He got me straightened out. This is such a great and timely reminder to me in this new year and decade that I need to be humble enough to let God keep me humble enough to seek His Will every day🙂 Thank you so much for sharing your Spirit-revealed wisdom! If it wasn't already so late I'd look at more of your awesome blog here, but that's something to look forward to someday very soon! For now let me just say that Pope St. Leo the Great's quote was so profound that I had to go back and prayerfull read it THREE times before with the Spirit's help I could get my mind around it🙂🕊️✝️And did I mention my nephew's name is Leo too?😉Thank you so much Tina and God bless you and Pat in this new year and decade🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I missed this comment! Yes Pat is a guardian angel for me. I learn so much from him (even if he says he has not done anything for me haha)! Bless you and thanks so much again for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I hope you enjoy your time browsing this page. 🥰

posts you might like

Show more