Feature

📣 Miscellaneous FREEBIES 🔥

Hey there! Through the years I've designed some FREEBIES for papemelroti that I know you will all enjoy.  Here are some links that I have compiled. see FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE see  FREEBIE

St. Joseph, pray for us!


I cannot thank St. Joseph enough for all his help!


The year 2020 was not an easy one for me.  Little did I know that it was going to be one of the most BLESSED years of my life.  


Before I talk about 2020 though, let me go back to many years ago, before I met my husband.  At the time, I was at a quandary as I was getting on in years but due to my discernment in my 20's that I would be a better-improved version of myself if I got married, I went to God and asked if it was okay if I did not get married.  After all, no one seemed to be a good match for me.  


I was perfectly happy as a single person.  In fact, I told myself, why do I have to look nice if the man I was to marry should see what is the most important about me (not my looks)?  I dressed as dowdily as I could as I had no care for my appearance and, to the disdain of others, got a lot of proddings to improve.  One friend, whenever I came into close proximity would remind me to "straighten up" as my normal stance was to be in a slump.


God Himself corrected me one day when He gave me a rerun of my attitude towards men and women.  When women friends came, I was as happy as a lightbulb and when my men friends came, I became as dim and uninterested in them as I could be.  I felt convicted and asked pardon from God for my poor treatment of men.  


Why do we have to go to Church in nice clothes?  Because we honor God with our best.  In the same way, I should honor others by appearing presentable!  It is a joy to see someone without a frown and in decent attire (which does not have to be expensive).  


I tried my best, not to "attract" men but to honor God with what He gave me.  I dressed as modestly as I knew how and tried to improve my health so as to not need too many beauty products.  My mother and sisters would always try to look their best, so I had good examples to follow.


Despite my still somewhat grungey look, I got invited to go out on dates.  I would make excuses to God that this person was not tall enough, rich enough, smart enough etc. (but, it really was not them, it was ME who was the problem).  Interestingly enough, when I rejected someone who was not tall, and someone who did not seem to talk enough or smart enough, God would send me someone with all those qualities - tall, smart and talked more than enough and still I would reject that person for some reason or another.  God really has a sense of humor as He would send me someone with ALL those qualities!


It was tiring to go on dates as I felt it was a total waste of my time.  Sometimes, in the middle of the date, I would think to myself - I am the only one talking, why do I have to go out when I can do this at home?


So as I reached my 40's and Mr. Right still hadn't come along, I asked God if I can just be single forever and just love Him (and not have to say "yes" to people who asked me out).  I was led to do a Novena to Saint Joseph.  A novena means "9" so it is saying the same prayer (sincerely) for 9 days in a row.


Since Saint Joseph is the Patron Saint of Marriage and one of the titles he is known for is "Pillar of Families", he was the go-to man for all things about Mr. Right.  


Jesus Christ being both the PERFECT God and PERFECT man, chose to born into this world as a baby to be nurtured by the best Mother and best Father of them all.  So, again, the best HUSBAND and SAINT to get to know is Saint Joseph.  We have a Heavenly FATHER and an EARTHLY example of the best FATHER in Saint Joseph.


So I did the novena.  At the end of the 9 days, something changed in me.  I realized that I did want to get married (but only to someone who could help me to be a better person and to love God even more).  I also asked God to only give me a husband if I could be the BEST WIFE for whoever that person is and NOT to send anyone if I was going to make their life miserable.


"... if this endeavor or this activity is of human origin, it will destroy itself. But if it comes from God, you will not be able to destroy them; you may even find yourselves fighting against God.”  - Gamaliel in Acts 5:34-42 


Let's fast forward to the day my husband proposed to me.  He would fondly recall that my clothes that day were a bit tattered (but he still proposed).


I am so grateful to Saint Joseph!  I have learned to love God more through my husband's example, pastoral guidance, gentle love, care, patience, and prayers!


My husband and I just finished reading the Consecration to Saint Joseph by Fr. Donald Calloway.  It is a #1 Best Seller and rightly so!  It certainly opened my eyes to so many beauties I didn't know (or simply ignored) about the Catholic faith.


Before I married my husband, I did not know that I was actually a lukewarm Catholic - someone that God would prefer to spit out of His mouth.  I thought I loved God to the BEST of my ability but I could have loved Him earlier and I could have loved Him much BETTER if I was not so ignorant about my Catholic faith.  Thank You Lord for teaching me how to love you more and more.  Even if my love for You Lord is so weak and fragile, You are helping me to do better each day!  


If you are thinking about getting married, going on dates, or want to be the best spouse you can be in the future - please consider doing the Novena to Saint Joseph.


All the Bishops of the Philippines are scheduled to consecrate the whole country under the protection of Saint Joseph on May 1st!  That is EXTREMELY EXCITING!!!   All those pesky evil spirits will under tremendous torment after that!


May 1st is the Feast of Saint Joseph the Worker.  He taught the child Jesus to work with wood and I am sure they enjoyed many happy moments as father and son together.  It must have been easier for Jesus to carry that heavy wooden Holy Cross to Calvary because of all the years under Saint Joseph's tutelage.


For protection from all kinds of spiritual and physical trouble in life, I use this prayer to Saint Joseph below.  


Oh my, I've already written so much and have neglected to tell you about the story our 2020.  It was a year of miracles and on March 19, (the feast day of Saint Joseph),  my husband and I were able to start on something new.  I will have to tell you the story later.



Act of Consecration to St. Joseph 

by Saint Bernardine of Siena


O my beloved St. Joseph, adopt me as thy special child.  Take charge of my salvation: watch over me day and night: preserve me from the occasions of sin: obtain for me purity of body.  Through thy intercession with Jesus, grant me a spirit of sacrifice, humility, self-denial, burning love for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, and a sweet and tender love for Mary, my mother.  Saint Joseph, be with me living, be with me dying, and obtain for me a favorable judgment from Jesus, my merciful Savior.  Amen.




Saint Joseph, pillar of families and terror of demons, pray for us!

Comments

posts you might like

Show more